Kayaking with the Bow Valley Kayak Club is simple and fun. If you are new to kayaking and would like to take up this wonderful "underwater" sport, here are some simple steps to take you from complete newbie to skilled veteran:
You might be a BVKC member if...
· Your boat is worth more than your car
· "River Scum" is a compliment
· Any water that isn't solid is warm enough to paddle
· "What time do they turn the river on?" makes sense
· You've ever been the victim of a rafting hit & run
· Santa Claus appears every day between 11 and 6
· You only go to the swimming pool for roll practice
· www.transalta.com is your idea of internet porn
· Your wife says you love your boat and your boat'n’buddies more than her, and she sounds just like your first wife...and your second...
· Widowmaker" sounds inviting
· You have been hypothermic in July
· You count trout for Alberta Parks while paddling
· Your Mom has stopped saying "be careful this weekend".
· Your idea of insurance is owing money to your paddling buddies
· You think getting flushed down the Kan is a great way to
spend a day!
The Kan's Prayer
TransAlta, who art in Barrier,
You guys are really dam powerful.
The water comes,
When you say so,
Downstream, as it is above.
Give us this day our daily flow
And forgive us that we have to work during the day.
Lead us not onto other rivers,
But deliver us from yet another lower Bow run.
For thine is the button,
To the floodgates and our recreation,
For our ridiculously short summers
Amen (or A-non gender specific paddling person)
10% off any soft goods, for BVKC Members.